Tuesday 20 October 2009

Springwood Models Plastic Napoleonics

I first came across Springwood Plastic 20mm Napoleonic figures on Will's Wargames Blog.I don't remember them at all from the time. I've now been able to follow a trail about them from Wargamer's Newsletters from 1972 to 1974 - these items are reproduced below. I've left the SEGOM ad from the same page attached to their 1972 advertisement - more of SEGOM, possibly, anon. For a look at the actual Springwood figures, follow the link above to Will's blog.











4 comments:

Fire at Will said...

Clive, thanks for the mention just to say I must have over 2,000 painted Springwoods in my collection all bought from the Oxford Model Centre, pity they never continued, especially the cavalry.

Regards
Will

Vintage Wargaming said...

Will, I used to go to Oxford on holidays in the 70s and used to go to the Model shop opposite Balliol - noot sure if this is the same as the Oxford Model Centre; can't think I wouldn't have gone in, and can't think I wouldn't have noticed them if they were there, but just have a complete blank on them

Clive

Ron said...

Good morning,

Thanks for the post on Springwood figures. there are several pages as attachments, and the first page seems to have an issue with the link to make it large enough to read. Would it be possible to email it to me if I arranged for you to get my address?

Thanks.

Ron

Vintage Wargaming said...

Hi Ron, I've reloaded the picture on the blog post so it should enlarge now.