Sunday 6 June 2010

Make your own LCA, by Arthur North, Almark Modelworld September 1972

The first of two D Day posts,this article contained plans for a 1/76 cut out card Assault Landing Craft (LCA). I remember an excellent article in (I think) Military Modelling which had similar plans for making a cut out universal carrier.

Arthur North contributed extensively to Almark Modelworld, with a major series on Military Bridging, and several kit reviews. A draughtsman by trade he served until 1962 in the Royal Navy survey branch, drawing charts. later he worked in local gi=overnment, living in Birmingham. His modelling activitiesincluded ships, aircraft, soldiers, AFVs and railways. His work was also made available through the Bellona Prints series of military drawings.



2 comments:

Hugh Walter said...

I have Rene North's card 25mm Napoleonics, I wonder if they were related? Both Draughtsmen, both working in card?

Vintage Wargaming said...

Hugh, I never made the connection myself, but who knows?