Thursday 5 August 2010

Tribute to Charles Grant, 1979

In the Editorial to Wargamers Newsletter #208 of July 1979 Don Featherstone wrote this announcement and tribute to Charles Grant.



It is with the greatest regret and sorrow that I report the death of an old friend and veteran wargamer Charles Grant. Apparently it occurred recently and was very sudden but I have no details. Charles was perhaps the most experienced wargamer around, being in the hobby long before I ever became aware of wargaming and his contributions to it, both practical and literary, played a major part in the great advance to its present status. At various stages in my early acquaintance with wargaming, I had stimulating meetings and wargames with Charles, although in recent years we have not seen much of each other. This knowledgeable and experienced senior statesman of our hobby will be sadly missed and there are many of us who will remember him fondly for years to come.

D.F.F.

No comments: